This weekend was a study and veg out weekend.
We got in a few errands, a new plant, and some cooking, but ultimately our main entertainment was watching the second season of “Angel” and something called “Rapture Palooza”
Here are the pictures (stay to the end for my adaptation of Nigella Lawson’s Spanish Chicken):
Spanish Chicken Bake
adapted from Nigella Lawson
- Olive Oil
- Chicken Thighs
- Chicken “chorizo” mini sausages
- 6 potatoes, cut into quarters
- Half a Red Onion, cut into strips
- Zest of a small Orange
- Salt & Pepper
- Oven to 400F
- Drizzle olive oil over a baking dish.
- Swirl Chicken thighs skin-down on the pan, then turn them skin up
- Between the chicken thighs, toss the little sausages
- Between the chicken and sausages, toss the potato wedges.
- Sprinkle the top with red onion, tucking strips in between the other things where you can.
- Pinch of salt and pepper over top, then follow with a healthy dose of oregano and some orange zest.
- Into the Oven for about an hour or so. (Gives you enough time to make a salad, chill the wine and start on some chocolate lava cakes)
- Take it out, let it cool for ten minutes or so, and serve!
How was your weekend?