If you’re on my Facebook, or my Instagram, you have found out my new obsession: Microwaved muffins.
I love muffins – the non-microwavable as well as the microwavable kind, but I have two people at home, and a quickly filling freezer, so making muffins in 12-cavaity muffin trays isn’t always the most practical thing.
And then I discovered a way to make a single serving muffin … in the microwave … in a mug.
Oh, dear, readers – how awesome is that?
1/4 c. flour
1 tbsp sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking powder
dash of cinnamon
1/2 tbsp cold butter
2 tbsp milk
blueberries, raspberries, chocolate chips, etc.
1. Assemble all the dry ingredients in the mug and give it a stir.
2. Chop up the butter into pieces and mesh it in with the dry ingredients. Splash the milk on and give it a stir.
3. Add in your particular ingredients – fruit, nuts or even chocolate chips.
4. Place in microwave, heat on high for 90 second to 2 minutes.
5. Let cool, pop it out of the mug and enjoy!
Like I said – it’s a quick breakfast and you can do a lot of fun things with it. Lately I have been adding a splash of vanilla or some cocoa powder to my blueberry or raspberry muffins. The next thing I try is some carrot muffins – I will let you guys know how to turns out!
What’s your go-to quick breakfast?